I said I'd be more entertaining next time. I've been reading this in other people's journals in various forms and it amused me. I took the most entertaining one and cut it down to 30 questions.
1. First Name:
Kristina, although it’s been Kris ever since Katie Scully decided in the 7th grade to call me that whether I liked it or not. In the SCA, it’s Eloise for my middle name.
Burlington, CT. The profile says Unionville because I cannot convince LiveJournal that 06013 is NOT part of Farmington. Idiot bot.
Legal Assistant for ESPN. This involves a lot of exciting things like drafting contracts, sending said contracts to accounting, processing bills from assorted outside counsel, answering phones for the attorneys, and answering a lot of questions from around the company that usually involve the phrase "can we do..." It’s really pretty interesting. I like my job, and the benefits rock. No, I don’t see the celebrities, and I don’t get tickets or merchandise.
Husband – Bob, known as Dorigen in the SCA
Stepdaughter Erica, 20; Daughter, gestating.
Two older brothers: Mark, deceased; Bruce, 50
Two seal-point siamese cats: Nishka and Becket. Although I'm more their staff than they're my pets...
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
* Trying to catch up at work prior to maternity leave.
* Getting the library at home ready to be guest quarters for Mom after the deduction is born.
* Finding day care.
10. Where and for what did you go to school for?:
University of Connecticut, Storrs. Flunked out.
Bruce, retired. One four year stint in the U.S. Navy on the USS Northhampton; application engineer; distribution sales representative. He's got a patent!
Geraldine, retired. Loan officer for the Duracell Credit Union, several years working for the Brookfield, CT Tax Collector’s office.
12. What is on your bed right now?
Sheets, two blankets, a hand-made double wedding ring quilt, lots and lots and lots of pillows, and most likely two cats.
13. What were you doing at 8am this morning?
Logging in at work.
14. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Tracking down a contract in our file room.
15. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"I’m going to get a cup of water."
16. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Remember that cup of water?
17. What are you wearing right now?
Jeans, t-shirt, sneakers.
18. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
19. What's the last sporting event you watched?
Bits of the Winston Cup (excuse me, Sprint Cup) race on Sunday. Ironic, given where I work, isn’t it?
20. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
21. Ever go camping?
Every year at Pennsic. Not this year, though. Hotel this year.
22. Do you have a tan?
Me? Tan? Surely you jest. This northern-European-fish-belly-white does not tan. I can burn in five minutes flat, though.
23. Have you learned anything today?
24. What are you doing tomorrow?
Cleaning the library for company, possibly some preliminary basement organization.
25. Look to your left, what do you see?
Files. My inbox. Files. A calculator. Files. My Edward Gory calendar. More files.
26. Ever ridden on a roller coaster?
Unfortunately. It will NEVER happen again.
27. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Does talking to someone’s voicemail count? Michele in accounting.
28. Any plans today?
29. What do you wish you had right now?
Right now? A nap. Failing that, how about an extra $2,000 to get the furnace flue relined?
30. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Forty. Someone had better throw me a party.