Basically I've come to the conclusion that the sewing room has no problems that an additional 200 or so square feet (Or full height walls... or both! Dormer?) wouldn't solve. But that's not going to happen. So purging it is.
Today I finally dove in to get the new-to-me Leclerc set back up - Michelle had detached the treadles and such for transport, so it needed to be reassembled. Luckily, she's obsessive like me, and had all the original documentation from the loom. Which is a really good thing, because when I went to try to intuit it all, it stopped me cold. Could not for the life of me figure out the brake, although part of it was that I was making it way too difficult. I took off the existing warp (we'd left it on to stabilize it during transport,) and crawled all over that thing. The good part is that now I know how it works - it's a very different mechanism than the Harrisville, and I'll be interested to see how it feels.
We're missing two factory installed screws. If I had to guess, at some point someone wanted to fold it up, guessed wrong about which end of the braces to release - although given a choice of a wood screw or a wing nut *I* would have released the wing nut - and the hardware went astray. Judging by the various bolts and screws that we can identify, I'm pretty sure I can replace them with #14 wood screws. Possibly #12s, but I think it's 14s. We can get a hang pack of each at the Depot - it's not like they'll go to waste.
Crawling around inside the frame also told me that while the Swiffer did a great job of removing the loose dust, I really want to go over the whole thing with a damp cloth. Then I can slide it back into its corner. Warping it in those tight quarters is going to be problematic, but we'll have to see how it goes. I am certainly not complaining.