I filled the Jeep and went to Good Will three times, need to make at least one more trip, and I'm not sure you can tell. Sad, that.
Once I had the crawl space under control and available to accept input, I started in on the basement proper. I started with my stuff, partly because it was mine, and partly because it was right there at the bottom of the stairs. Lots of donating, lots of throwing things away, but once I got ruthless about it, it went pretty quickly. At that point I declared *my* part done, and told Bob to get his ass in gear. Next was lots of new boxes into the crawl space. To be fair, a bunch of them were FROM the crawl space - Bob pulled them out four years ago to go through, and they've sat there since. I put them back. Once that area was piled more compactly (I can't say "neatly,) I waded into the workbench area. I was able to put all the power tools away, and I got some bins to organize the hardware - I'm tired of perpetually re-purchasing the same box of wood screws because I can't find the last box we bought. That took a while, but helped a lot. I got the hand tools hung back up, and that did wonders for the workbench. Then I *had* to get Bob involved. He cut down some of the scrap plywood and lumber that was lying around, we made a *proper* shelf for under the workbench, and now the large power tools are stored neatly under there up off the floor. Very nice.
At that point, I was out of my stuff/our stuff - it was in Bob's court. But the whole point of this exercise is to get a new hot water heater so that I can take a hot shower at home, and I'm not waiting another year for him.
So on Sunday I put the gloves back on and waded in - I dug into the other side of the basement. The dining chairs that go with the table went in the crawl space. I put the cases of bottled cider together. I moved the empty bottles with the other ones. I shifted carboys (I'm strong enough to pick them up! Yay!) I bagged trash. By the end of the day you could go all the way around the central column of the house again. AND we started racking the carboys.
Then yesterday I realized that trash day (today,) will be July. July is a bulk pickup month! While the archers were shooting, I took all the big stuff from the basement to the curb. SO exciting. Then I moved the lumber around to free the Bilco door. We have one thing to move, and we are ready for water heater! I am beside myself.
So maybe now this week I can work on MY space in my sewing room.
This weekend, I'm going to see what we can throw away from the garage!