* Put the extra fat in the roast pans AFTER the temperature decrease.
* Mustard soup - heat the crock pot to warm ahead of time with water to get past the temperature spikes. Hold the soup on "warm" with the cover sideways. So far it's holding hot, and hasn't broken.
* For our usual crowd, I've done the small soup recipe times four. Maybe I should put it on a recipe card...
* Opening Ziggy's flue is a decent way to clear smoke.
* Pile the sofa cushions in the library by the CPU - it gets them out of the way.