* Desserts on the buffet;
* Taking the blender and canisters off the counter worked well;
* If you do soup, preheat the crock pot with water to get it to warm - apparently it runs up hot to begin with, and that's too much for a cream soup to take. Who knew?
* Moving the scratching post out of the living room was a Good Idea;
* Try doing the Yorkshire pudding in two batches through the oven so that you don't have to worry about the bottom pans scorching;
* Talk to Bob ahead of time about carving/serving - he doesn't take a hint;
* Scattering chairs and tray tables randomly worked out;
* Buy more steak knives;
* Buy a second cutting board for roasts
* Only 1/2 gallon of hot cider, and use one of the spaces on the three-part crock pot. That gets you less leftovers, it's more in front of people, and eliminates the "need" to come up with an extra side dish because I feel like all the slots should be filled. I really am a victim of the Salaamallah school of cooking...